FULL TIME LIVE-IN HOUSEKEEPER FOR VVIP FAMILY IN LONDON
- £30,000-£40,000 gross p.a. (negotiable depending on experience)
- Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm | 40h/week with some flexibility
- Chelsea, London
- Occasional travel
Chace People is seeking a full-time, live-in Housekeeper for a very appreciative and lovely VVIP Private Family for their large home in Chelsea. This is a 40-hour week position (generally to cover 8 hours per day, 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday), although some flexibility will be expected, to include occasional evening and weekend work when the family is in residence. Total confidentiality is essential for this position and all candidates will be fully vetted and should expect a security check to be carried out.
We are looking for someone with a great eye for detail, exceptionally high cleaning standards, flexibility and an understanding that there will be busier times when the family is in London, and quieter times when they are not.
The family is in residence approximately 8 weeks every year. The remainder of the time the Housekeeper would be left alone in the home and will work autonomously, or will be required to travel with the family occasionally to other residences in the USA and South of France.
Successful candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
The job duties will include (but not limited to):
- Constant maintenance of the family’s home to a high standard.
- Daily cleaning duties, to incorporate all aspects of the household, hard and soft furnishings, windows, walls and floors.
- Reporting to and liaising with the family office should any necessary repairs or maintenance, damages or leaks need to be attended to.
- Providing access to contractors, maintaining an access log and ensuring they are monitored within the property.
- Preparing the property to an immaculate standard in advance of the family’s arrival.
- Ensuring the property is secured at all times, especially when vacant, with intruder alarms switched on and doors and windows securely locked.
- Liaising with the night security patrol.
- Laundry and ironing duties when the family are in residence.
- Grocery shopping prior and during the family’s arrival.
- Maintaining a log of expenditure, using a float provided by the family accountant and submitting all invoices weekly.
- Basic cooking duties.
- Light gardening duties (sweeping, pruning and watering).
- Liaising with the gardener.
- Occasional childcare and babysitting when the nannies aren’t available.
- To fulfil all duties requested by the family and family office staff.
We are interviewing for this position now, so if it sounds like the right role for you, then please do get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that candidates with relevant experience and excellent, checkable references need only apply.